Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Prison Day - Tuesday 9th

Was up at 7.00 am today and left by 7.30 to pick Mark Slazenger up from the airport. Mark helps to run the Hope Academy down in Capetown and is in charge of the Hope Academies Project in Africa. Whilst waiting for him to come through at arrivals, Mark and I grabbed a coffee, and a huge muffin that they warmed up in the microwave to melt the chocolate chips. Was so good! We then met Mark and headed back to the car when I realised I had lsot the car parking ticket so and to pay a lost ticket charge, which was supposed to be R400 but they only charged me for how long I'd been in the car park and was only R13! Afterwards we then got back on the road and headed to the prison, and arrived just in time for the coaching session on attacking down the wings. At 1pm the session then finished and Mark Versey and I then headed back to the office to finish off a few things for tour. At 5 I then headed to get my haircut at Woodlands. So I thought I wash going to go in have my hair cut and then go, but they had other plans! First they washed and conditioned my hair and then they applied some liquid gel stuff that wasn't soap or conditioner and she told me to follow her, so I did and she showed me to a chair and said "I'm going to give you an Indian Head massage now, is that ok?" so I thought why not! It was a really really good head and neck massage, not that I've got any previous head massages to compare it too! She then took me back and washed my hair again, and then cut mystarted to cut my hair, by this time, I'd been in the hairdressers half and hour already. I had good chat with her about what I was doing out in South Africa and why. She seemed really interested, although she might just have been being friendly! When it came to paying I was shocked at how much it cost as it was only £15 for all of that! I then headed home to have a quick dinner before rushing out again to the youth cell that Gabi had invited me out to. I had a great time reading through the bible with them and some in depth conversations. I got to meet a few more young people properly that I seen in church but never got to talk to properly. We then headed back home after a pretty tiring day out and went straight to sleep when I got in.

Speak soon

Jon x

No comments:

Post a Comment