Monday, July 6, 2009

Cleveland - Day 1

Up at 6am and left by 7 from my house feeling so tired still. I arrived at heathrow by 8.30. Managed to sit down and have a nice full english breakfastwith my Dad at the airport and then said bye and headed off through the security area. I hada little look around the shops and went to board my plane and it was at the same gate as I had left from to go to South Africa. As I was about to board the planethey told me that I had been upgraded to club world! This meant I had my own bed to sleep on through the flight. It was a greatand when I got off the plane a felt so relaxed and rejuvenated. After 7 hours I arrived in Chicago to connect with aflight to head to Cleveland. Whilst waiting a was sitting next to a newly Wed couple who start to talk to me and where I was going and soon got talking about what I was doing and where I was going and just had a really good chat. After a while Ifound out he was coming home early from his honey moon because he had either appendicitus or he had kidney stones. Now looking back upon it I should of offered to pray for him but it didn't cross my mind at the time. We then parted ways and I boarded my flight to Cleveland where I was met by Bob my host. We had a good chat on the way home and caught up on what had gone on so far. We then got back to the house where I met the children, Ben and Isabel who are 6 and 8, and Bob's wife............After sitting down for dinner and meeting Dave another Australian and catching up with DJ again, we all retired to our beds to ensure that I wasn't goingto be too tired formy first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment